How To Check BVN Number Via Mobile Phones (USSD Code) - All Networks

by - 07:43

Img

What Is BVN?

Bank Verification Number commonly known as BVN is a verification which is mandated by the Country’s apex bank - Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) on February 14, 2014 to have BVN following its establishment of a single Biometric Identification System
The BVN which is an 11-digit number is a universal identification number which uniquely identifies every customer across the Nigerian Banking industry with their biometric details, no matter the number of accounts you have, you only require one BVN to link them all up. Mentioned below are some benefits of having a BVN in Nigeria.

Benefit Of Owning A BVN

  • The Customers unique BVN is accepted as a means of identification across all Banks in Nigeria.
  • Banking transactions are performed orderly without failures and ensuring credit history not affected by technical problems.
  • The BVN will enhance the Banking Industry chances of being able to expose blacklisted customers.
  • Protection of account from unauthorized access which is mostly important.
  • Protection from fraud and identity theft and many more.

How To Get Your Unique Bank Verification Number

  1. Visit any bank branch that is closest to you (preferably a bank where you already have an account with or where you want to create an account)
  2. Request for their BVN enrolment form and fill in your details and submit the BVN form
  3. Present yourself for data capturing (such as Fingerprint, facial Image etc)
  4. After completing the biometric capture, you will receive the Enrolment Ticket ID.
  5. In a matter of some minutes you will be given your BVN directly and/or within an hour or 2, the BVN will be sent to your mobile via the phone number linked to your account. Now, you can link the BVN with all your bank accounts.
  6. For security sake, do not disclose your BVN to any unauthorized persons, you should never input it online especially on unknown sites nor should you ever regard spam text messages that ask for your BVN in order not to have your accounts at risk.

How To Check Your BVN On All Network


To check BVN on MTN, Etisalat, Airtel and Glo just dial *565*0# and your 11-digits BVN will be displayed on your screen.
Note: It costs 10 Naira for using the service. So it is advisable to write down the BVN somewhere safe so as not to check it again and pay every time you perform the operation.
Alternatively, you can check your BVN on your mobile banking app, which of course requires data connection.

You May Also Like

8 comments

  1. I forget my bvn but the bvn is not enrollment with my phone number but I have ticket id now 17770727 how can find

    ReplyDelete
  2. How to get my bvn with my new number that I just changed in bank for alert and other purposes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not received my BVN until now,Which the bank customer promised me that my BVN will be sent to me in two days time.And it's been three days now no alert or message that I've received I was only given my ticket I'd number

    ReplyDelete